Congratulations to the Class of 2019!
Springtime is a time of new beginnings and I cannot think of a better new beginning than graduation! I met 46 incredible humans that I no doubt will do amazing things! Some are off to college-near and far, some are off to trade school, some are off to experience life and all of the adventures that will come their way.
When you spread your wings, here are some things to keep in the front of your mind:
- While this is a super exciting time for you, the adults in your life will miss you! Call and text them at least once a week. Bump it up to twice a week for bonus points. And don't forget about those siblings, they are having a hard time with the transition too.
- It's okay to miss home and it will happen. That's normal. This would be a great time to do number 1. Just saying.
- Get an Instant Pot-these things are super easy to cook in and you can have meals for days!!! Pinterest has a ton of easy recipes; click HERE to follow my board.
- Expect to fail. Don't fear it-embrace it! It will be scary, but you will learn from it. Journaling is awesome and can help get those thoughts on paper and make it easier to find your path.
- Don't get a credit card. The companies will try real hard to entice you, and you will be super tempted. But just wait-trust me, you will either thank me or wish you had listened to me on this one.
- Make time for things that you love and try new things! Just make sure you balance it with those pesky responsibilities.
- Never stop being curious, adventurous and fun. Laugh-a lot, especially at yourself! Make mistakes, own them and learn from them.
- Don't be a stranger! Seriously, please stay in touch! You can shoot me a text or DM to say hi, grab a cup of coffee with me, schedule yearly photo sessions-whatever works best for you, but I want to know how you are and what you are up to!
Thank you all for letting me be a part of this special time in your life! It was truly an honor to get to know you and share my passion with you. Be the best person you can be and continue to be awesome! Cheers! Lindsay