Here Are the Top 5 Reasons You Should Book Me As Your Oregon Portrait Photographer
1. Your needs come before my needs! Part of the job of a photographer is to provide your clients not only with beautiful photos, but beautiful photos that tell their story. I listen during our consult to why you are wanting your photos taken, who your important people are and what your vision is. We pick a location that is perfect for you-not one that will bring more Instagram followers for me. And I am known to pretty much do anything to get you the photos of your dreams...for real-I have climbed train trestles, climbed trees, waded into frigid waters up to my waist, stepped into yellow jacket nests trying to get a better angle and asked many a person for permission to shoot at an amazing location. I believe in love and that everyone is unique and should be celebrated-no matter which chapter they are at in their story. I promise to capture you without judgement. I honor what makes you special. We will get to know each other, make true connections and become forever friends. I am a naturally curious person, and love listening to people's stories, so be prepared to tell me all of the fun things and details that make you unique. People often describe me as fun, happy, authentic and real-and I promise this is what you will get from me!
2. I love to adventure and Oregon is all about adventuring! I am always down for an adventure and love exploring every inch of this state! Having the oceans, mountains, desert, rainforest, valleys, and cities all in one state is what makes Oregon truly magical. Being an avid outdoors person, I live for the hikes that lead down a muddy trail to get to a gorgeous waterfall or am beyond stoked to strap on my climbing harness to capture you and your passion for rock climbing. I happily roll up my pants and kick off my shoes for sessions on the beach, or put my sneakers to stroll through urban areas to get the best graffiti backgrounds. Did you know that I have an adventure package for all of my different session so your adventure dreams can become a reality?! Where have you been dreaming of having your photos taken? On top of a mountain, in a little valley filled with wildflowers? Or in a remote location in Central Oregon? How about a gorgeous sunset at the beach? I could go on and on-so set that next adventure and ask me to tag along!
3. Attention to detail is my specialty! At your pre-session consult we talk about outfits and locations ensuring that you will look your best, that the best light will be used to enhance your beauty and personality and that the location doesn't distract, but instead compliments you. During your session, I am always looking for unique areas and am analyzing the light. I am constantly checking your outfit, and ensuring that you not only look your best, but that you look natural, so you don't have to worry about that piece of hair that is being unruly, or that your shirt is caught in an unflattering way, I got you! I also check in periodically with some back of the camera sneak peeks to make sure that we are on the same page.
4. I understand that you are not a professional model and don't expect you to be. Your session should be fun and you should feel comfortable and at ease. I give you direction and show you what my vision is so that we are on the same page. There are lots of fun and playful prompts that I use to achieve those moments of joy, authentically and honestly. We will laugh a lot! And dance, splash, snort, kiss, hug and pretty much everything in between. I show you exactly what I am wanting and give you several options so that you can pick whatever is going to be the most comfortable. There are some really easy tricks that we build on throughout the session. Together we will create an image filled with emotion that tells your story. After all, that's what a photograph is-a picture story. My hope is that when you look back on your photos in 10, 20 or even 50 years, that you will remember the fun session that you had and that the photo conjures up the same feeling that you experienced at that time...love, excitement, contentment, fun, admiration, pride and joy.
5. Having professional photos taken is an investment, for sure. It's not cheap, nor should it be. You are investing in preserving your special moments, moments that mean an incredible amount to you and that should last a lifetime. What's the one thing that people say they will grab if their house caught on fire? Their photos! But I also feel that this should be available to everyone. My mom was a single mom and paid $800 for my senior photos (over 20 years ago). I was completely ignorant of her sacrifice at the time. I cannot imagine being a single mom and coming up with that amount of money! When I started my business, one of my missions was to provide the best experience at the lowest price possible. Not only do I try to keep my session and print prices at a great value, I also offer a referral program where you can receive $25 off your session fee for every referral-in fact, if you refer enough people, your session can be free!
Another way that I provide value to my clients is with the amount of photos that I deliver. I am not the expert on you or your family members or your facial expressions. You will often receive similar photos-but with different smiles or facial expressions (don't worry-I remove all of the blinks and unflattering facial expressions). I don't know which type of smile is the one that your child has done since they were little and immediately tugs on your heart strings, or which facial expression is the one that your partner does when they are tickled by something or are feeling witty. Only you can truly see those, so you get to decide which ones to pick that mean the most to you. With a two-hour session, you can expect to receive at least 150 different images. And the fact that your gallery is available for 10 years means that you can order whenever works best for you-not on a specific timeline.
I can't wait to hear how I can serve you and make your next photo session the best ever! To inquire, click HERE! Cheers! Lindsay